Thursday, June 16, 2022

September 2021

 So this month we finalized the sale of a rental property that the tailors are going to move into. We realized that housing was going to be an issue when Taylor was planning to move to Riverside and they needed a three bedroom apartment which was very hard to find. Jeff and I ended up buying some thing that they could rent but it was pretty rough and needed renovations. Here are some of the before and after pictures. It ended up much nicer than when we bought it! They are all moved in and loving their new place.



I had a birthday this month and though I was working I had a delivery of Crumbl cookies from friends and a porch present drop off from Mary Ann. Flowers from Jeff and nice presents from the Taylor’s. Feeling the love!

The highlight of the month was a visit from Michelle and Reese. They came out from Virginia to visit family in Arizona, northern California and Southern California. They were able to stay at all of our houses and visit with us. I took a day off work and we went out to Santa Monica to enjoy the beach and time with them. It was very nice to see them!


I’m getting adjusted to my new job. I feel like I am drinking out of a fire hose at times with all of the new responsibilities, things I’m learning and requirements. I’m getting up at 5:30 in the morning and spending time after school grading and lesson prepping. I’m sure I’ll get more into a schedule as the year goes on but it’s busy right now! One of the activities I did was a paper plane engineering challenge. The students seemed to like it but we ended up with lots of paper waste in the end ;-) 






Jacob is up and enjoying his new job with training the student mentors. He even is now working with Chloe Allen who he grew up with and is Ashley's age. 






Ashley having fun with her friend at a fall festival in Idaho. They even had their faces painted. 
























No comments: