Saturday, June 18, 2022

December NSTA Conference 2021

At the beginning of December I had the opportunity to go to the national science teachers Association conference in Los Angeles. It was the first time that they had an in person conference since the pandemic. We were right in the heart of downtown Los Angeles. There was a lot of things going on even though the conference itself wasn’t nearly as well attended as they have been in the past. 

I took advantage of my time to go to as many classes as I could. My favorite was the keynote speaker who worked with NASA and was able to tell us all the latest information on the exploration of Mars.

I was able to spend some nice meals with our science department and one nice gentleman that we struck up a conversation with even paid for our meal one night!

Jeff ended up coming down the last night so that we could go to a Broadway show. It was nice to and my time there enjoying it with him.

I got a lot of new ideas and things to think about is a plan for my classroom for the rest of the year.

Before we went on winter break our staff party had an ugly sweater contest. I made up this sweater on top of her sweatshirt I bought in Hawaii and ended up winning the contest ha ha. I got a few sweet gifts from students. I’m looking forward to being on winter break for the next two weeks.
































 

No comments: