Thursday, June 16, 2022

October 2021

 So this month we got to go with Steve and Tahna and Dale to Las Vegas where he was meeting up with friends to watch Donny Osmond. It was a quick trip but enough time to have a good meal, see a little bit of downtown and enjoy a great show. I was surprised how much I enjoyed Donnie Osmond and how long his career spanned. He’s been around a long time and did a lot of things!


Jeff and Joel had another fun trip in Cabo. I think Jeff doesn’t mind going down there with him as he does the things he needs to get his rental property set up. They always seem to mix work with fun and accomplish both.


In the classroom students have taken an interest to my crochet items. This month I decided to crochet some pumpkins at a ghost to put on my little shelf display. I also crocheted more pumpkins to give away to other teachers and had a raffle where students could win them. 


I started a community service club and this month we are doing things to support a teacher who has cancer. I will hopefully find some great ways for the club to help get involved in the community. My background with Justserve will help! 

I was also able to help with the Love Riverside day of service this month. Jeannette Wester and I helped make blankets and cards for hospital kids.


Every Wednesday is college T-shirt day and I wore my shirt that I had as a Hall President back when I was a student in 1992. I had the students guess how old they thought the shirt was. It was surprising how few of them came close to doing how old I really was ;). Also in class we were doing an engineering unit and the students had to design containers that allowed an egg to drop without breaking. They seemed to like it. 

 


For Halloween our department dressed up as elements. On actual Halloween Jeff and I helped pass out candy in front of friends house. Also in the classroom to decorate for fall I had the students create a headstone based off of a scientist. 

  


We are planning a family reunion this December. We’ve had regular zoom meetings to plan all of it. Most of the family is going to be coming and we are looking forward to it. I am making the T-shirts for it. So far this is the logo that I came up with. I was going to have Brayden Bagley help me make the shirts. I learned how to use procreate to be able to draw the logo.


Taylor graduated with his masters. He didn’t go to the ceremony he just got his diploma in the mail ha ha. He was doing a doctorate but the lab moved out of state and he decided to just stick with the masters. He is now going to start working in Jeff’s office.


Ashley and Conute are making their own traditions and carving pumpkins up in Idaho :)









For Halloween, we stopped by the ward chili cookoff, harvest festival and on Halloween night we passed out candy at a friends house who was having a potluck. Jeff dressed up like Chucky and had a great time scaring all the kids. He had a lot of people come by and want to take pictures and videos of him, ha ha. 











So in my classroom I got tired of all the noise of the tech decks keeping the fidgeters focused. I decided to come up with some quiet fidget options. They ended up becoming distracting toys so now they will stay inside my desk and only come out on certain times ha ha. 












No comments: