Wednesday, June 15, 2022

June 2021

In June Jeff and I were invited to go up to big bear and speak at a youth conference group from Utah. We made a short weekend out of it and did some exploring including going to the zoo and doing a little hike.


Jacob did a quick trip in town with his roommates. He got to show them around California some and they got to enjoy our pool. They seem like they enjoy their time here.



Some of the things that I’ve done… I took a quilting class and learn how to make a quilt square that looks like a Hawaiian shirt. I have the blocks cut out but so far I haven’t done any more sewing on it yet.



Taylor and Taylor got their invites and they’re going to start mailing them out. 



Meanwhile I’m learning how to make fancy sugar cookies. I went to a nice bridal shower and got some ideas so I’m going to attempt to make some for Taylor Rose’s bridal shower. I'm still learning but its fun to learn something new. 


This year teaching remotely felt pretty isolating but I was touched when one of my students drove to my house and dropped off a thank you card and goodies. It was very sweet.



Ashley and Conute and Maddie enjoying the summer weather in Idaho. She doesn’t care for the winter’s but when it’s summer it’s beautiful up there.



I also got to pick up flags at the cemetery after Memorial Day.






My aunt and uncle were in the area and got to visit Mom and Jim and I got an updated picture and they had a nice visit. 





Jeff and I got to attend a wedding for old friends at the Mission Inn this month. It was a lovely wedding. 









And Jacob enjoying his last semester in Idaho!










 

No comments: