Saturday, June 24, 2023

May 2022


May Jeff and I started out the month celebrating our 29th anniversary. 

We looked like babies when we first got married!




Jeff and I got a hotel room in Culver City for a weekend away. 

We've never really been there or explored it before so it was fun to do something different. 




While we were there we went to the beach and walked around the city. We had some nice meals and enjoyed just getting out of our to-do list routine. 










This month I got a new car! We bought a Hyundai Tucson hybrid that plugs in and gives us 30 miles on a charge which covers my commute to work every day. 

It's a 5 passenger car, a mini SUV and so far I really like it!




This was a random Star Wars day at Costco (probably around May 4th) and so we posed with the characters...because...why not. 








Jeff and I and Steve and Tahna took Jeff's mom out to her favorite restaurant for Mother's Day and got to spend some nice family time together. 






Jacob came home for an unplanned visit when he was having some shunt headaches. I took off a day of work and brought him to his doctor's appointment and they were able to adjust his shunt and fix the problem. I was happy to have him home for Mother's Day which wasn't the plan originally. 





Mother's Day we were able to have some family over and enjoy the day with them. 


 






Ashley sent me these flowers in the mail but didn't put enough postage. They still ended up making it somehow. One of the favorite things to do when we get together for Dean is to play telestrations. 






It was nice to have Jacob here to celebrate the day with us. 






At school we are getting closer to the end of the school year. Testing has finished and the curriculum is pretty much done so I was looking for things to do with the class. 

One of the days we did a demonstration of elephant toothpaste and another day we did a lab where the students were given 3 pieces of paper, tape and scissors and they were supposed to make a boat that would hold the most pennies before sinking in water. A lot of the students weren't confident that their boats would work but all of them held at least some pennies. 






Finally the last day of school arrived. I got a few well wishes from students and I got to dress up and help with Promotion. 



It was nice seeing the students and their parents proud of their accomplishments. It was a long school year for all of us and it was nice to celebrate together. 





Once I was out for the summer I was able to start doing projects like organizing and cleaning. I also was gifted quite a bit of crafting supplies and so it was fun to look through and assimilate it into my collection. 






Finding a wedding dress for Ashley has been tricky since we are both in different states. She has gone wedding dress shopping in Idaho but didn't find anything that she really liked. We realized that she needed to buy something already ready to go so she could have it tailored and be done with it. I ended up finding this one on ebay and she loved it so we bound it for $150! It fit her style perfectly and she was very happy with it. 





 

No comments: