Sunday, June 25, 2023

June 2022 preparing for Ashley’s wedding

One of the weekends in June Jeff needed to visit clients up near the Zooks house. 

They happened to be going to a local Scandinavian festival and we thought that we would tag along. 

I didn't know much about it before we got there but it ended up being a fun time. 

We enjoyed stories and myths, demonstrations and food tasting. I look forward to going again in the future!







Brock and Samantha's Wedding was in June. They make a beautiful couple and I was excited to go and support them as they start their life together. It was a beautiful wedding. 

Unfortunately Jeff was home sick with Covid so he couldn't come with me.





About a week later I came down with Covid. No fun. 

Luckily I had some of the wedding reception tasks for California ahead of time. I planned to do dried flowers and Sola wood flowers for Ashley's reception and dried flowers for the boutonnieres so they would last in the heat and I could bring the flowers for the men to New York with me. 


It was a labor of love and I liked how the flowers turned out. Once I got Covid I wasn't feeling up for much of anything but I did sit on the couch and work on my laptop doing continuing education credits so I could progress on the pay scale at work so at least I felt like I was doing something. 






Finally Jeff and I were off on our trip to meet up with Ashley and Conute for their wedding. 

We got upgraded because of Jeff's points so we were able to fly business class and it was very nice. They plane had seats that reclined fully and we were fed nicely and taken care of. Luckily I was just past my 10 days after having Covid and I was feeling almost 100%



We got a quick peak of Boston before we started our 3 hour drive to upstate New York. 

I was not prepared for how much I loved driving across Massachusetts. 






We stopped in the Catskills and took time to explore the grounds of this home that was open to the public. It was the house of an author and you could pay for tours but we decided to just enjoy the grounds around the house for free. 









While we were driving Ashley and Conute were busy visiting with Conute's family and getting their Marriage license. 


That night Jeff and I got to Schenectady and the next morning we met up with Ashley and Conute to do some shopping for the wedding reception. 





After buying some supplies we drove to the wedding venue. It was a cute older, historic chapel on a country road. It was a bit of a drive to get there but the minister was nice and we were able to get an idea of how the day would go the next day. 





After we were done we met up with Joel and Virginia in Albany to see the capital. 




We explored around a bit and then found a place to eat. 







We were happy that Joel, Virginia and Dean were willing to come out with us for the wedding. We hung out together until 9:30 that night and then drove to the church building where the reception was going to be held so we could set up. There was another event at the building so we had to wait to be able to set up and they told us that the tables and chairs would be ready for us but we got there and it was dark and locked. After about 1/2 hour we got someone to open it for us and everything had been put away and luckily Joel and Virginia were there and helped us set everything up for the next day. 

It was a long day and we were glad to get to the hotel to rest up for the wedding the next day. 





 

No comments: