Monday, June 26, 2023

August and September 2023

 After our summer of weddings and trips it was time to get ready for school to start. We got to do one more beach day when Cindy came down from Utah. Before I went back I was able to make a blanket to sent to Mark and Tina in memory of their dog Maggie as well as some other sewing. They were very appreciative and said that their other dog loved it. I also got to do a craft day with the sisters and tried wire wrapping for the first time. I had gotten some sea glass in Hawaii and made some jewelry with it. 




On the 3rd day of school I got a notice to wear a mask for 10 days because I was exposed to Covid. This was a pain to teach in and brought back memories from last year. Right after I was allowed to stop wearing a mask I got another email about being exposed. I ignored the mask warning and just checked myself with a Covid test the next time it happened. 



Back in the classroom doing science again and it keeps me on my toes and busy every day. 






I try and get into the spirit of spirit week and this day I made a drawing for mental health awareness day and then made a T-shirt to match. I mentioned to one of my students that I made the t-shirt and their response was "Looks like something you would make" ha ha don't know if that was supposed to be a compliment or not ha ha. 




For my birthday we celebrated with Joel (who has his birthday 2 days after me) and we went to Summit House together. We had a little time before our reservation and we checked out a nearby art museum as well. My niece Vanessa came and brought me flowers for my birthday and I was inspired by the thought and I ended up painting a picture of them. 





I got to celebrate my birthday with a dinner with the Taylor's we went to PF Changs for dinner. 





We had tickets to a concert with my sisters and their husbands and we finally were able to go. During Covid everything was shut down but it was finally all rescheduled and we could go. 










Ashley and Conute went to a Yellowstone day with their friends. They live close by but they don't always think to go. 









Michelle and Reese have been doing some traveling and sharing their pictures. 






Jacob spent his summer all over being an FSY assistant director and a counselor. He got Covid one of the weeks and spend the week in his room but he was able to recover and continue with the rest of his commitments.  He had a lot of fun. Later in the summer he went on a trip to bear lake with his roommates and their family. 
















I got to be there with Sharla when Chloe got off of her mission. It was fun to be there to see her and the excited hugs from her family. 






This summer the Taylor's got to go to Yosemite for the first time. They really liked it. 








No comments: