Thursday, June 22, 2023

April 2022

This month our Stake a Women's conference that I was preparing for. I pulled out the cookie making supplies and decorated them for the conference. I had made the cookies for another event that didn't happen so I was able to repurpose them for the conference. 

I like making cookies but they are a big time commitment and I don't think I'll ever have the patience to be as good as the professionals but its fun for special occasions when I have the time to do it. 






I was able to go to a paint night at the Woman's Club and it was just what I needed. With the stress of work and getting ready for the conference being able to do something creative was relaxing and helped recharge me. 





At school we did a service project of making cards for hospital kids and a fun lesson for a short day where the students had funny pictures of animals and they were supposed to come up with captions for them. Some of them were pretty creative. 







It's starting to get real! Ashley and Conute took engagement pictures for their wedding invites. Wedding planning is underway. 













Jacob over for a visit and snuggling with the cat. 




The day of the Women's conference arrived and it was busy, a bit chaotic for the behind the scenes people but seemed to be enjoyed by the attendees. 

I feel that most of the people were just very happy to be able to meet in person again and enjoyed being together. 





One of the most popular classes were the bread making and the mental health class. I really liked the Mental Health survival tips. They are some good things to remember. 



The lunch turned out good and people enjoyed the cookies. All in all it was a success. 







In April we got to meet up with Makenna's parents and do a double date enjoying mini golf and a meal. They are a fun couple and we enjoyed getting to know them better. 





On another night we go to go on a double date with the Cowdens to see Joseph and the Technicolor Coat and it was starring a young man that used to be in our ward. He did a fantastic job and we enjoyed the play a lot. 






 

No comments: