Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Long Lost Christmas pictures!

I found my missing camera!

It was in Ashley's purse that she brought to Cheri's house at Christmas!

So I'm going to play some catch up.



First the kids all did their piano recitals. They did great as always and of course it always makes it more fun with friends to perform with. (One boy stayed for both recitals just to hear Taylor play his song ;)




We feel so blessed to have Connie as a teacher!


We love her!



Once the recitals were done...we haven't heard too much piano playing around here...it seems like that always happens ;)


Here is Ashley coming with me to get shots for Maddie. I love how they crunch up some dog treats for her and then give her a shot while she's licking them up...she doesn't even know what hit her and she doesn't seem to mind at all.



Missing family at Christmas was eased with packages like this one from my sister Virginia. She does beautiful needle work (that I don't have the patience for) and some wonderful divinity that she made. (I might just have to try it next year).



I also wanted to make some cookies that my mom used to make growing up...they are candy cane shaped cookies.

I couldn't remember where I got the recipe from...but I thought I'd check in here...which is a cookbook that my aunt compiled of recipes mainly from my Grandma Larsen. The first page I opened to in the book had the recipe for candy cane cookies. I guess it was her recipe ;) I counted it as a tender mercy and helped me feel close to her and my mom as I made them.


They looked pretty...but Jeff's family definitely preferred the chocolate peanut butter cup cookies...no surprise there ;)



Christmas Eve we turned the TV to "Its a Wonderful Life" and watched it some after our Christmas Devotional and then we started to get the kids to bed. For some reason Taylor was really interested in it (we don't watch many old movies). He kept not wanting to go to bed. Well the movie wasn't over until 11:00, Jeff ended up dozing off but I enjoyed watching it with Taylor and then he got to come and help bring Santa stuff down the stairs. His first year doing that...I think he liked it :)


You can tell how excited Jacob is the next morning.


And Ashley. She is holding press on nails, which she loves but I hate. I spend forever trying to get them on her fingers and the longest she's ever kept them on is 10 minutes (It takes me longer than that to put them on!).  Then I'm finding them in the carpet...and so on....she Had to have these on before breakfast...I think they lasted 5 minutes tops. Hee hee.


MMMMmmm smell that smell. We got the boys "men's scented body wash" to "smell like a man" (we always laugh at the Old Spice commercials). They actually ended up liking using body wash...as long as it was a manly smell that is.


One of the only things Ashley wanted from Santa was a CD player...now she can play her own music in her room.


Yah...random games of skill.


OK what could this be!!??


Whoa...a Barbie airplane! (MIght be the last year we can get away with Barbie ;)


The highlight was the Knect. Pretty fun to jump around and play the game without a controller. Two player is the best. Anyone who wants to come play with us is welcome.


Our kids were pretty much happy with whatever they got.


Thanks Grandpa and Grandma for the package of presents you sent too! They loved opening all your presents!


Next stop was Cheri's for Christmas with Jeff's family.

Our best Christmas present was the fact that Cheri was willing to host it at their cute house!!


Sitting around, eating and enjoying each other.


Waiting for the present opening to begin.



Cousin time...notice Ashley on the phone in the background. Josh called from the mission field while we were there so we got to pass the phone and talk to him. He's doing great!


Baby's first Christmas!









Jeff and I enjoyed snuggling...because we can never sit down together when we are hosting ;)


But before we left we had to join in on a game of Rock Band. So fun!






So now the Christmas pictures are caught up...a little from our last week.

Maddie keeps growing...I'm afraid that at some point she'll pass up Ashley! (even though she's still the best Doggy Mommy)


She's still got more growing to do...how long will she get??!!




Taylor is the best one  to play catch with her.


And Jacob gives her love too (especially since she's not biting as much). For some reason she loves hanging out on top of this little table. It makes it easier to pet her but she'll hang out on it without anyone around.


She's doing better on the house training and we've been letting her in the family room more to hang out with us while we watch TV at night...yesterday was wash day though and she kept stealing the socks to chew on and trying to grab flowers from the plant...naughty girl ;)




This last week the boys were invited to participate in the Eagle Court of Honor for Josh Trupp.

They've become friends with Josh through the Nelson's and Bradfords and have enjoyed getting to know him better. They did an excelent court of honor which helped us get ideas for when we do Taylor's.



Josh's uncle made this board with all of Josh's patches, carved in place no less. I was impressed!


I was even impressed with the refreshments. They had eagle shaped sugar cookies and cupcakes with chocolate scout symbols on them.




Thursday night Ashley and I went to Marissa Belcher's baby shower...fun.

Friday night I went to Cindy Pendeltons to scrapbook...haven't done that in awhile...fun.

And Saturday morning we got to go to Nathan and Soli's baptism.



It was hard to believe that it was about a year ago we were doing Ashley's baptism!

We were so happy for both of them.



That night Ashley was invited to a movie night at Marin Bradford's...she's becoming the social butterfly ;)


Well Jacob might be able to pass her up on that...he comes home every day telling me about all the people that wanted to give him hugs. Yesterday he said that 2 girls asked him out!!!

I asked him what he said...he said "I'm not Ready." 

Good answer.

1 comment:

Matt and Maggie said...

Jacob is a good kid!
I want to know how to do those cookies! :)