Monday, June 28, 2021

April 2020

So we weren’t able to do Easter this year. It was lonely at home and the bucket of plastic egg Easter egg stayed empty. I put it away hoping that we would be able to do a family get together next year.








I’ve gotten a lot of use out of my sewing machine. I’ve been working on masks. I have given away hundreds of them and invite people to donate for supplies if they would like. Most of them I’ve given away for free. I have gotten some thanks from grateful people which helps me feel like I am at least doing something while we’re on lockdown.

Liz and her family

My neighbor


Ashley has gotten quite popular on TikTok and has a bunch of followers. Every once in a while I’m in the background of one of her videos. Ha ha She is also getting crafty, painting and doing her nails. She is enjoying the downtime that allows her to create. 

  


Another project that we have started are ear savers. I cut strips of felt and then you sew on buttons and people use them with her masks so that their ears don’t hurt from having the elastic on them for so long. People in the neighborhood of helped with these as well.



We went up to Palmdale to check on Jeff’s mom. We had a nice visit with her. It was nice to get out of the house. I think she was glad to see us as well.





Feeling kind of strange shopping with masks. Looks like this is our new normal for a while.


 


We stopped at Mormon rocks on our way back. It was pretty empty we had the whole place to ourselves.





Ashley had a bit of a mud mishap on the way down. She slipped and half of her pants got completely muddy.





Now that everyone is back home, including Taylor Rose we have enjoyed watching movies together, and playing games in the evening. Our routine is pretty much everyone does their own thing during the days since everyone has work and school online right now. 

We are enjoying our time together and I realize that this is a unique time that we can all hang out as a family. We are enjoying our time together. 



On Sundays we watch church on zoom and then take the sacrament in this little trays that we bought from a boy in our ward. They have come in handy and Jeff has used them to bring up to his mom when he visits to give her the sacrament. 



Taylor celebrated his 24th birthday. Here's some memories from the scrapbook...of his younger days. 




Quiet pandemic birthday celebration at home. 





This was Ashley's birthday present. She drew Taylor on a mug :)  Pretty good likeness, ha ha. 



Happy Birthday Taylor!!



 

No comments: