Thursday, February 3, 2011

Hot Artichoke and Spinach Dip

I've discovered how to make Artichoke and Spinach Dip.

It started with wanting a "new" food item to bring to a party since I always seem to rotate the same things. People liked it but I never got around to typing up the recipe and sending it out.

That is...until I got the opportunity when lucky me got invited 3 times in a day to do a recipe chain e-mail where I e-mail one recipe out and then pass it on to 20 of my friends. I don't have 60 friends to pass it on to (especially since 6 of those friends were included in the invites to me). So I did the next best thing and e-mailed them all my recipe. Sorry the "chain" stopped with me :( ...you might not get your 36 recipes...or whatever but at least you got ONE from my link) 

So here is my recipe for Hot Artichoke and Spinach Dip...

1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese softened               
¼ tsp garlic salt
¼ cup mayonnaise                                                    
1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts, drained/chopped
¼ cup grated Romano cheese                                   
½ cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed/drained
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese                                 
¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced                              
½ tsp dried basil
salt and pepper to taste



1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a small baking dish
2. In a medium bowl mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese, Mozzarella cheese, garlic, basil, garlic salt, salt and pepper. Gently stir in artichoke hearts and Spinach
3. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until bubbly and lightly browned. Serve with chips or sliced bread.
4. When I brought this for a bigger group I doubled the spinach and artichoke and tripled the rest...it came out nice and creamy. Yum!

1 comment:

Piper said...

That sounds perfect! (It is cold outside today...) Thanks for sharing!