Monday, July 12, 2021

October 2020 Updates and pumpkin carving party

 Jacob and Ashley are enjoying your time up at BYU Idaho. Ashley comes to Jacob’s dorm a lot because she hangs out with her friends there. She came across to him and they were wearing matching outfits. It’s nice having them up there together.

 

Ashley has a lot of friends from Riverside going to BYU I and she’s been able to meet a lot of new friends.


 


She got another ear piercing.


Meanwhile I’m at home teaching every day online. I’ve taken over Jacob’s bedroom as my classroom. Maddie likes to sit next to me and hang out while I teach. She’s adjusting to not having a house full of people anymore.


I’ve been feeling my time with lots of creative pursuits. I keep thinking up new projects and new things to learn.


I tried posting some things that I’ve made in the past on Etsy. Pretty much nothing sold except for one fidget blanket. I’ve tried Etsy before and came to the same conclusion it wasn’t worth my time or the shipping fees to sell on it.

 


I’ve tried my hand posting TickTock videos. This is a pineapple plant that Ashley planted. 


We’ve enjoyed spending time going to places on the weekends with Joel and Virginia. One of the days we went down to the beach and just walked on the pier and had dinner.

 












We were hanging out with the pelicans and feeding them.






Four Halloween we did a pumpkin carving/painting party with the Taylor‘s, her roommate Burcu  from Turkey and Rhea.  Her roommate had never done pumpkin carving before so they had fun doing something different.


 






Sadly we had to put the cat down. She had some kind of intestinal problem and kept getting thinner and thinner until she was just a skeleton with skin. She was very sad about it and we were too but it was in the best interest of the poor cat.

 

Meanwhile Timmy the leopard gecko is doing just fine.



Some more pictures of people as she’s been able to meet up with at school




Also Ashley trying her hand at cooking.



No comments: