Thursday, June 4, 2009

Back from the Land of the Lost

Have you ever been working on a project that ends up becoming all consuming?

You live life around it but there comes a point where you just want it done so you can get on with life. That's how I've felt about my painting.

I finally finished it and gave poor Sharla back her ladder. (No more having to rescue children down from high places and standing on vehicles without it:)

The painting mess is put away and now I can just enjoy it. For the time being anyway there are some areas that are already bugging me so I know I'll have to fix it.

I don't think the pictures do it justice so if your in the area feel free to come and check it out (just don't judge me if there are dishes in the sink or other such clutter:)









Last week I did enter the land of the living to do a few things such as attend Taylor's last band concert of the year (which he told me about 2 hours before it happened because "he forgot")



That's OK I always enjoy hearing them play...



Ashley got an award for outstanding effort so I got to see her get that...



And, Ashley was very excited to get her Dance recital costume. She had to try it on immediately. It doesn't look bad on Ashley but on the rest of the girls those shorts are pretty short! One upside of being short, it's easier to be modest:)

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow, you are amazing!! It looks incredible!!

Sarah said...

The mural turned out beautifully! What a talented lady you are! I love Ashley's dance costume, too! Fun, fun!

Jenn K said...

That mural is beautiful. You should be proud! All your effort paid off.

Matt and Maggie said...

That dance costume is great. It is nice when modesty is not even an issue. Those paintings are fantastic! Good for you.

Unknown said...

you painted that? AMAZING WORK! thanks for hitting my blog! your daughter is a qt, and the costume looks good too!

Mary ann said...

WOW!!!! That turned out so good. I can't wait to come bye and see it.

Taylor and Jacob said...

Wow, Taylor's concert was amazing! He stood out especially,and was fantasitc! By the way, this is NOT Taylor writing.