* never put a soda in the freezer...
especially if it's in a glass bottle.
* If your daughter trys to make "cookies" on her own don't get mad...make it into a Family Home Evening lesson...
explain that using the same ingredients as cookies don't make cookies if you don't follow the recipe or the directions...
...just relate it to goals like mission and temple and so on and try not to think about all the ingredients she just wasted.
* When using a daughters creation to illustrate a point during Family Home Evening. DO NOT make older brothers really eat a little bit of their sister's version of cookies and compare it to mom's version.
It will only foster teasing and hurt feelings and lots of attempts to console the young chef that her "creation" was a valuable contribution to Family Home Evening even though no body wants to actually eat it.
* Never let Taylor get a cold during hot dry seasons or you will wake up every
morning to a trash can that looks like this...
plus he will spend at least 2 class periods a day dealing with more bloody noses.
* Make sure to teach my boys proper missionary etiquette. When they happen to end up celebrating a birthday while eating at a member's home...
A. Try not to look too uncomfortable having to sing Happy Birthday to someone you might not know very well. She doesn't really care how bad or good you sing.
B. When she offers you a piece of her favorite Grandmother's special recipe homemade Oatmeal cake that she spent all afternoon making...at least TRY it.
* Take more pictures of Taylor.
When he had to have a recent picture of himself for a school I had nothing recent of just him so we had take this picture quick and print it in black and white.
* and finally marshmallow cream DOES NOT make a good substitute for marshmallows when making rice crispy treats!
After failing the family dessert test I think these are taking a trip over to the teacher's lounge.
(Not to worry there is nothing wrong with them they just don't taste the "same" as my normal ones so the kids don't like them but I don't want to end up eating any more of them thinking I have to not waste them:)